What will VINE do for me?
VINE will inform you if an offender is in the Ada County Jail and if that inmate is released or transferred.
What do I need to do?
Call 1-866-984-6343 and register. You will need to give a phone number where you can be reached. You will also need to make up a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) you can remember. VINE will ask for that PIN when it calls you later.
- The Ada County VINE service only includes offenders in the custody of the Ada County Sheriff's Office.
- The offender will NOT know you are registered with VINE.
- If you are not home, VINE will leave a message on an answering machine. If there is no answer, VINE will keep calling back for a designated period of time, or until the person being called enters a four-digit pin.
- Since VINE calls automatically when an offender’s custody status changes you may get a call from VINE in the middle of the night.
- If your phone lets you block calls from unknown numbers, calls from VINE will be blocked. You must disable the blocking feature to get the calls.
- You can leave more than one phone number with VINE. Just call the VINE service again.
- Do not depend only on the VINE service, or any other single program, for your protection. Make VINE part of your safety plan.
You can also search Vinelink online.