The Sheriff's Labor Detail (SLD) is a work crew made up of low risk offenders. This crew performs labor-intensive work on various public projects. Ada County employees and non-profit organizations supervise SLD workers in the field.
SLD workers do not spend the night in jail. After the workday, they return to their homes.
Headcount and crew assignment begins at 7:30 a.m. every morning at the Work Release Center. SLD crew members return to the Work Release Center by 4:00 pm.
Workers serving time on a SLD crew must park in the lot directly across from the Work Release Center.
SLD crew worked more than 112,000 hours in the community last year, saving taxpayers about $812,000 in wages.
Eligibility Requirements for the SLD Program
- Participants must sentenced to no more then 20 days
- They must start within 30 days of sentence
- All fees must be paid in advance before first day.
- Participants with five days and under may do one day a week. They aren't allowed to skip a week - it must be consecutive.
- Participants at six days and over must commit to a minimum of two days a week. They may split the days throughout the week. They must do two days a week, every week, until sentence is complete.
- Inmates placed on physical or mental restrictions by a doctor aren't eligible.
- $25.00 Administrative fee (one time fee only)
- $25.00 weekday
- $30.00 weekends
- Reschedule fees are $25.00 per day
- Reschedule fees for No Shows are $50.00 a day.
Sheriff’s Labor Detail Contract