If you are interested in accompanying an Ada County Patrol Deputy on a Ride-Along, you must:
- Be at least 16 years of age and, if you are a minor, have parental consent.
- Be a member of the community who submits a request and passes all criminal history and similar screening as directed by the Section Commander.
Interested parties may download a Ride-Along Application to fill out. Applications can also be picked up at the Records window, located at the Public Safety Building, 7200 Barrister, Boise, ID 83704. The Records window is open to the public seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Please submit a photo copy of your driver's license with your application.Upon passing your criminal history screening, you will then be contacted by an Ada County Deputy to arrange a meeting place and time to begin your Ride-Along shift.
- Applicants are to dress business casual, and in no type of uniform.
- Do not bring any type of weapon.
- It's a good idea to bring a bottle of water.
If you have questions regarding the Ride-Along Program, please contact: