- Level II = Either (1) Detention POST certified in Idaho or can successfully challenge Idaho POST and 18 months experience working in a county jail as a detention deputy or (2) 5 years experience working in a state correctional system as a corrections officer.
- Level III = Detention POST certified in Idaho or can successfully challenge Idaho POST and at least 4 years total experience as a commissioned patrol or detention deputy (of which 2 years must be as a detention deputy).
Click here to view our pay plan.
- Rich Ada County benefits package
- Uniforms provided; additional $100 allowance per year
- Ten county-paid holidays per year
- Vacation and sick leave
- PERSI retirement program
- Matching deferred compensation (up to 3% of annual salary)
Click here for more information about our benefits.
- Application review
- Physical Agility Test
- Written Exam
- Background Investigation
- Psychological Evaluation
- Medical Exam
Click here to learn more about our steps in the process.
Feel free to contact the ACSO Human Resources at:
7200 Barrister Drive
Boise, Idaho 83704